Recent Posts

Monday 3 July 2017

Pola G 331787, G-Scale inn and beer garden

Building the town on my garden layout reminds me of playing Sim City when I was a teenager. Just like in the computer game, the expansion of my G-scale settlement follows certain rules, too. Once the residential area has been established and populated, the next step is setting up small businesses.

I don't have much space available, so I have to focus on really small ventures. There will be no big factories, no airports, no nothing that requires a large footprint. That's why I'm starting with a small rural restaurant. And the product I'm building today is Pola G 331787.


The box the model comes in is big and heavy. Lifting the cover immediately confirmed my assumption about the baseplate. Yes, it is included. It's great news, although I feel the element could have been a little bit thicker. Still - much better than having to install the building on top of a separately purchased pavement tile.


The elements are segregated and packaged into smaller boxes as usual. And there is actually quite a lot of them. Glue is not included.


I've split the parts into two groups. Group one - sturdy-looking wall and roof pieces.


Group two - delicate details.


Some of the parts got detached during the transport. Luckily nothing is broken, it's just loose.


The manual reflects the significant amount of provided plastic pieces. It's long and detailed. The build actually looks ambitious!


Stickers and windows decorations are also included with the set.


Let's build it then. It's a house, so it needs the walls first. Keeping in mind lessons learned from my previous Pola G building I immediately noticed weak spots in the elements and covered those with small black plastic sheets. I expect this will allow me to avoid any problems with light leaks once the illumination is added.

Another thing that is not visible in the photo is an extra part I added behind the door to keep them from opening to the inside. Such protection is available out of the box for the ground floor door but not for the upper one.


The walls get installed on top of the baseplate. And it's so easy to get a perfect rectangular shape for the building when you can just glue it onto the surface.


Second floor and the roof. The structure holds well now and can be carried around.


It's already possible to start working on the details. Here's the balcony at the back of the house.


The beer garden will be assembled under the pergola on the front side.


The roof is extremely rich in detail on this model. The blueprint assumes three chimneys to be installed!


The accessories for the beer garden consist of the same elements that are found in Pola G 330995 kiosk set. But there are twice as many included.


And it's done. The inn is ready to serve its guests. There's even someone waiting already to place his order!


Custom Polish stickers are added to the model and the assembly is complete. Let's enjoy some photos...


That was one enjoyable build. It offered a lot of construction steps and even some real challenges. The fence parts - for example - were not really that easy to use. I had to really pay attention to the manual and plan ahead before actually going for the pliers. And I liked it a lot!

The building itself? It's a little bit too red for me. I can't say I like it very much. But personal preferences aside, it's definitely very, very solid and very detailed. The beer garden's look is top notch and the fence design is very clever and functional. The baseplate is a little flimsy and you have to remember to carry the model using both hands.


The product can be found at a very attractive price, too. Less than 120 Euro for such a big and accessories-rich model is really not much. So even though I might have preferred a slightly different style of a restaurant, it was still a very good deal. And of course the town folks will be very happy to finally have a place to eat (and get drunk).

No comments:

Post a Comment