Recent Posts

Thursday 29 June 2017

3D printed G-Scale dumpsters

I use my 3D printer almost daily. And almost every day I manage to make something useful. I don't blog about every single success as that would require an enormous amount of my time. This time however I ran into such a fine model, I've decided to share the outcome.

The item I'm describing is a replica of a modern dumpster and it can be downloaded on Thingiverse. Once printed and assembled (and decorated with a sticker), it looks really, really nice for a home-made model.


I've decided to produce two pieces - a yellow one and a green one. This required printing 30 elements and the entire process took around 8 hours.


The components did not fit perfectly. This is not Faller or Preiser. But with some effort, I've managed to glue them really nicely.


With just a small local accent - a poster about recycling - the model was ready for display.


The covers even open and close!


 Those look great and the best thing is they cost me almost nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment