Recent Posts

Sunday 12 March 2017

3D printed G-Scale rowboat

Today's post is going to be short. I just want to show the G-scale boat I promised to make in my previous 3D printing article. It's ready, it looks nice and it floats pretty well:


I have again started with a design from another Thingiverse member: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:646788. The changes I had to make were very small. I've only scaled the model and moved the seats a little bit higher. The latter modification was not really required though. And once again - Thingiverse rocks!


The printing process took about 5 hours. Here's a time-lapse video showing it in less than 2 minutes.


It turned out really good and with every day and I'm more and more satisfied with my cheap 3D printer. It definitely requires maintenance and it refuses to work at least bi-weekly. Everything is however fixable and the results are very, very satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment