Recent Posts

Sunday 5 June 2016

Garden works, part 10: Yes, it's again about stones...

...but I promise it's the last time, really. At least for now :)

Another 12 tons of stones have been delivered to my place...


...and it again took two weeks to transport them over to my garden. But after it was done, the layout frame was almost full.


What I needed now was 5-7 tons of fine and nice rocks to create the surface. However, I also wanted to separate the layers so that the stones would not mix. Hence the usage of a strong agrotextile...


The 6 tons of fine gravel have been delivered soon later...


...and it took only four days to carry them over. Really! Transporting fine stones is so much less effort than doing the same with the large ones. The difference is unbelievably huge.


So the wooden frame is full now. Looks like a significant success and a reason to celebrate! It took a tremendous effort to deliver a total of 34 tons of stones but the result is exactly what I imagined it would be.

Now I can finally ask my crew to lay down the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment