Recent Posts

Saturday 27 August 2016

Pola G accessories: trash bins, benches and sitting people

I needed some extra accessories to bring more life to my layout. And as always, I had a huge problem finding any "real" photos of the products I considered buying. So since I do own them already, how about I share some information, so that others do not need to wonder what they actually are. Here are the three Pola G accessory sets I bought recently.

Pola G 333206 - Refuse bins

The first item is a set of 2 trash bins. It comes in a transparent plastic bag. So you can immediately see how easy to build it's going to be.


The parts consist of bin bodies, bin covers and black wheels.


The build takes 5 minutes. The covers are installed without any glue which makes opening and closing them possible. The wheels however do not rot roll.


An interesting point is the fact that the set comes without any stickers. The front photo inside the package suggests some labels would be included but this is not the case.

Pola G 331825 - Sitting people

The second product is a collection of 6 sitting people. The content is packaged in a small cardboard box which clearly shows what to expect.


The back side promises "true-to-life models" and "greatest details". I think it's worth mentioning that Pola G offers sitting figures at different price points. This set is a more expensive one. The cheaper sets promise only "basic paint" and are meant to be used inside passenger cars.


Each figure is packaged separately in a small plastic bag and then wrapped in some protective paper. The content arrived in a pristine condition.


And here are all six sitting people. I have to admit they look really nice. And they feature quite a lot of body details.


Compared to the "basic paint" sets they do offer more colour variation when it comes to clothing. The faces however are not painted at all. Well, I guess I'd need to pay even more for that...

Pola G 330979 - Benches

The last item is a set of 6 benches. These come in a rather small cardboard box.


The elements are wrapped in some grey paper which did a good job protecting them.


All parts in one photo. Seems like there are no redundant pieces at all.


The build is easy as long as you remember to keep everything straight. I have to say the benches seem quite nice. I'm especially impressed by the "concrete" supports which look very realistic.


But...wait a minute. Those benches do not look like the ones on the package cover! Can you spot the differences?

Summary

Instead of writing a summary, maybe it's better I just share these photos...


Cool stuff! My layout is looking better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment