Recent Posts

Saturday 4 April 2015

G scale layout idea

So where did the "G scale idea" come from? Let's see...
  • my small N scale layout is really small (40x90cm) so there's not much to play with and not much more can be done (it's full!)
  • my bigger N scale layout is cool (it has 3 independent tracks) but I do not have a permanent place for it, so there's no real point in working on it...
  • doing anything in N scale requires patience, good eyes, skilful hands and above all - mental strength to keep going when nothing works the way you expect it to...
  • I have a garden next to my apartment which is 150 square meters big but not really used that much...
So - why not try something in a large scale? I have the space, everything is bigger, so certain things should be easier, and last but not least - maybe the garden will start looking better as a side effect?

There are challenges, too. Polish climate allows normal garden usage perhaps 5 months a year, somebody might steal the tracks from the garden that cost a fortune, etc. But let's stay positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment