Recent Posts

Sunday 5 August 2018

Faller 232509, N-scale natural gas tank

When I shop for models of trains online, I often run into a situation where I need to add something extra to my cart to qualify for free shipping. Sometimes it's a good moment to buy something I always wanted to have but hesitated. But sometimes there's just nothing like that, and I end up with a product that is only potentially useful. That's exactly how I got this little kit...

faller n scale product front

The item is Faller 232509 and it's a plastic model of a gas tank. There are two reasons why I picked this item. One is of course the price which was exactly what I needed. The second reason is the fact that the product was not a model of a house. Not being a model of a house could potentially mean its assembly will provide an interesting experience.

The back of the box features some relevant information about the miniature. For example - its dimensions are 106 x 66 x 68 mm.


Let's open it and... there really isn't much inside. It's only 22 elements after all. And obviously no glue. Well, I should not have expected more from a 6 Euro product.


Not many parts but we do get a very nice baseplate.


We also get a small set of decals. Interestingly, we can choose one of four oil companies when labeling the tank.


The instructions are short but precise - exactly what we need.


The build is very short. Combining 22 pieces takes less than one hour. And the outcome is a rather small, but quite interesting looking model.

natural gas tank

The tank itself looks really good. It is pretty detailed considering the small number of elements. I really like it.

The small hut (or a shed) is just four walls and a roof. Nothing really worth describing. But the last element, which is supposedly a black lamp post, is definitely a part that needs a better replacement. Adding a real light source there will make the the entire scene much more interesting in the future.

I think the kit will fit nicely on my new coffee-table layout. Useful after all :)

gas tank in a coffe table train layout

No comments:

Post a Comment