Recent Posts

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Piko 37738 & 37739, G-Scale gondola cars

It's hard to believe how lucky I sometimes am when it comes to my purchases. When I first saw a Polish State Railway G-scale freight car in Piko's 2013 catalog, I knew I had to have it. But the price was a little too much for me. So I waited for some good promotion but... it never came. Instead the model was sold out and became almost unobtainable.

Months and months have passed since that time. I've decided to give this dream another go. So I typed the proper search keywords into Google and I started browsing the results of my query. Page after page I've reached an area of Internet where no man has gone before. And then... I found it. My Polish State Railway gondola car not only was available but it was discounted as well!

So instead of one model, I bought two. Two for a price of one. Piko 37738 & Piko 37739.

Piko G scale gondolas

The products come in the usual Piko packaging. Despite having spent a long time on the store shelves, they look perfect. I'm happy already!

Piko 37738 & Piko 37739

The cars are identical, except for the paint job. And the content of the boxes is almost the same, too.


The only difference is in the amount of yellow anchors provided with the sets. One model comes with four pieces, and the other one with six. It's interesting but not really important, since there are only four slots for those anyway.


Ten minutes later the extra parts are installed. They're a tight fit, so I was forced to use a hammer with a rubber head. But here it is. This is what Piko 37739 looks like:

Piko 37739

And here's Piko 37738:

Piko 37738

Below you'll find even more photos of both cars next to each other.

Piko PKP G scale gondola

The models are "nothing special", they're just regular gondola cars after all. There's however nothing bad about them, either. They provide a decent amount of details, they're nicely painted and they're exactly what I expected them to be.

I'm of course very happy to finally own a Polish railway model in G-scale. Those are very rare and I was really lucky to get one. I still think the original price was too high, so I'm extremely pleased I was able to find them significantly discounted. Another good deal on my side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment