Recent Posts

Thursday 28 September 2017

Pola G 330891, G-Scale diesel oil facility

Pola G diesel oil facility is an item that immediately caught my attention in this year's Faller catalogue. It just looked so nice in the official photo. Luckily it did not need much space and would still fit on my G-scale layout. I've made the purchase as soon as the product became available.

The model's small, so the packaging isn't large either. It's also very light so there won't be that many parts inside. But I did not really expect more from a set priced under 50 Euro.


Opening the box reveals the first nice surprise. The baseplates are included. Those are quite heavy and feel very sturdy.


The colorful parts will be used to create fuel tanks and accessories...


...while the grey ones will form the roof and the shed.


A set of stickers and a manual are included, too. This time I'll skip creating my own labels and will use the ones provided by Faller.


The instructions are short but detailed. Looks like it's going to be a fun build.


The first step requires assembly of the largest elements: the baseplate, the red tank and the shed.


Once those are glued together and some details are added, the oil station looks almost complete.


But we're still missing the accessories and the roof. These parts have to be built separately before they're added to the main platform.


That was a quick one. The model is ready. I've noticed I did have some freedom about how to position the elements. I've tried following the distances given in the manual but I clearly failed. And guess what - it did not really matter. The facility still looks the way it is supposed to.



And here it is installed outside. I really have to consider adding some crew here. And perhaps some lighting. But it looks pretty good already!


I'm happy with my purchase. It was not an expensive one and it is a nice addition to the layout. It is quite original, too, as I've never seen a similar set before.

The only slight disappointment are the stickers. The main model and the accessories feature some weathering resulting in an industrial look. The stickers however look fresh and new and really do not fit the facility at all. I really hope they'll get dirty with time and will not look as flashy as they do now. Otherwise I may have to make my own after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment