Recent Posts

Friday 16 September 2016

LGB 50600: G-Scale 450mm long truss bridge

Some weeks ago I've created a small water pond on my garden layout. I have to admit I knew little about how to build it, so I just improvized. I did know however very, very well that a train was going to look pretty cool when passing over it. The only missing element was a bridge.

The pond is small, so a short bridge was enough. I've purchased LGB 50600 model which is just 45cm long. It cost me 20 Euro and arrived in an LGB branded cardboard box.


The package contains only the bridge itself. It's a single element. Nothing to build, nothing to glue. Looks good at first sight.


The bridge is made of plastic and makes a solid overall impression. The material seems sturdy and high quality. I do have to say however that the side panels are rather thin and would definitely not survive accidentally stepping on them.

Let's see some more photos...


The model features four holes which can be used to screw it to a base. On my layout however, it will simply lie down on the rocks.


And this is what the bridge looks like installed across the pond on my garden layout.


So... How do I like it? Well, I think it's simply a good product. The birds however seem to love it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment