Recent Posts

Sunday 1 May 2016

Garden works, part 9: More stones, more stones!

There hasn't been much news on my blog recently, but I was definitely very busy working on my garden layout. The spring is here and I could finally pick up where I left off last autumn. So let's recall what the status was back then...

The is the last photo I took in 2015. The wooden frame for my elevated layout is ready but is empty inside. And of course the next planned step is to fill it with stones...


So we're in 2016 now and the stones have arrived. On April 15th 10 tons of material have been delivered to my house. This is what it looked like after unloading from the truck:


The next photo is from May 1st. In exactly two weeks the stones have been transported (using a wheelbarrow) to my garden and poured into the wooden frame. The progress is definitely visible but it's also clear one or two more deliveries will be needed.


I also remembered to install the electrical connections before filling my elevated layout. I have a pipe holding three independent cables inside to allow powering the track, the lights, and... something more. This solution - theoretically - allows installing even more wires in the future.


The pipe actually starts right next to my house wall and goes under the paved terrace in my garden. My wife will be very happy about it, as no cables will be visible at all. It's looking really good!


Next step: another 12-15 tons of stones. And another 2-3 weeks to carry them using a wheelbarrow. I really hope I will be able to show the finished layout base in my next blog update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment