Recent Posts

Tuesday 7 July 2015

My visit to Kolejkowo

I should feel ashamed. I declare myself a train models fan and a person who loves beautiful "miniature worlds", and yet, for months I've failed to see the only train layout in my city. So it was really the time to catch up and see the wonders of Kolejkowo.

The layout is a G scale creation and it's placed indoors. It's actually located in a retired train station building so it all fits perfectly. It covers a large room on the ground floor but is soon to be extended to include also an upper level.

The layout is split into 3 sections:
  • Forest and a village
  • Lower-Silesia urban/industrial/mountain area
  • Scenes of the city of Wroclaw

I've counted 6 trains running at the time of my visit:
  • PIKO BR80 (37125)
  • PIKO V60 (37140)
  • PIKO BR204 (37563)
  • LGB "Steinz" (70403)
  • LGB Tram (23360)
  • LGB Köf II (23930)

The place is definitely worth visiting although it's a little pricey if you choose to go with a large family. Of course you could just run through the exhibition in 10 minutes but you can also spend hours looking at all the details and enjoying the work that has been done there.

The most impressive (to me) was the amount of landscaping and custom work done on the buildings. The layout recreates some of the real places in the lower-Silesia part of Poland very well and if you know those places, you'll recognize them immediately.

There's even a miniature of the station building that Kolejkowo resides in to be seen. You could try to imagine that there's an even smaller version of the Kolejkowo layout inside that model!

But of course a picture is worth a thousand words. So it's time for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment