Recent Posts

Monday 17 October 2016

Pola G 331045, G-Scale freight set

When I first assembled the Pola G cargo loading building I liked the model a lot. It looked really good and featured a very attractive price. One thing it was missing though were accessories. And guess what - those can be purchased separately!

The product I'm describing is Pola G 331045. It contains several elements that should fit nicely into any industrial scene. The ArsTecnica store had it listed at a little below 22 Euro. I just could not stop myself from buying it...


The box the set comes in is rather small (30 x 20cm) and delivers not a huge number of plastic parts. The only other content is the manual. As usual - Pola G did not include any glue.


The manual is very detailed and all the parts are tagged, too. This is mostly too much information. There are however a few pieces that look similar, and the comprehensive documentation does help dissolve any uncertainty.


Here are all the parts of the set. Not a huge variation when it comes to shapes, but several vivid colors make a notable presence here.


There's not too much to describe regarding the assembly itself. The accessories are very easy to build. Instead let's just take a look at the result:


They look good! I especially love the pallets with the small engravings on their "wooden" blocks. Now let's see how the set improves the look of my cargo loading building.


Yes! That's exactly what was missing here. (and now we can see it's missing a loading crew, too)

Summary

I really like the set and I'm happy I added it to my layout. On the other hand, it was really not that cheap considering it's just some freight accessories. And of course a real train models enthusiast should be able to create such pieces from scratch...

So, if you lack the time (like me) or if you are lazy (like me?), this set is definitely for you. The accessories look great and they definitely add to the look. But if you have some skills and can afford the effort, you could probably build those yourself and have them a little cheaper, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment